Monday, December 8, 2008

Counting Down The Days!

We have just 11 days left until we head to North Dakota. I have been very busy sorting stuff, throwing stuff away, and trying to figure out how to pack my car that is already full of people with enough stuff to live for 6 weeks until our stuff gets moved. I considered renting a small trailer, but too many people freaked me out about it. So I will just have to get creative, which is Code for I am to broke to buy anything that would make it easier. :)

We have had a lot blessing these last few weeks. We all sat down together and picked a day to move. Dec. 19th - the last school day of the year. We planned to just live in a hotel because housing there is so scarce. Phil was really worried about having a home for us, and then the news came that the hotels didn't want anymore families living in multiple rooms for long periods of time. Phil also got a call that he would be leaving for 3 weeks to go to the truck driving training center on the 4th of Jan. Just 15 days after we moved there. Still we planned to go. Poor phil was feeling so stressed.

We had the opprtunity to go to St George for Thanksgiving, but Phil stayed in North Dakota. We sure missed him, but his choice offered us our series of miracles.

He got a call that a spot opened up for the training center, and the people who were next in line had gone home for Thanksgiving and couldn't get back in time, so he was in... Hurray! He will get back to North Dakota the same day we get there. Perfect timing, only now he had only 4 days to find us a place to live. We are moving to a ward full of great people. When they found out that someone in the ward had a rental opening up they informed phil and helped make it happen. So we have a 3 bedroom apartment to move into. It is small but it is a home. So many other little miracles have been poured out on us these last few months.

So here is sit packing and trying not to overthink. We are leaving behind some great friends and family. We are moving to a place I have never seen, where it is -30 for weeks at a time, without anything, and without knowing anyone. Strange how knowing we will be together makes it better. Well - back to packing trying to figure out how my kids are going to breathe when I am done packing the car. Later Days

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

I am so glad you found a place!! That is great. I can't wait to hear all about it. I can't imagine being in that kind of cold. brrr.

Marie said...

Kami! I didn't know that you had a blog until I checked your info on Facebook to make sure that I had your most current email address. WoW! How your family has grown. Your little girls are spitting images of you!

And your are also in for a new adventure in North Dakota. My husband grew up there (in Bismark) and I won't tell you how much he loved it....

Have fun and have faith. It will all work out.

Hirschisquirts said...

You are a such a sweetheart with such a great spirit. I know whereever you go and whatever you do, you will do well and with lots of love surrounding you. Best wishes in the cold. Love ya!