Sunday, January 25, 2009

On Cloud Nine!

We have lived in North Dakota for over a month now, and I have been anxiously awaiting a calling in church. I have been terrified that they would put me in the Primary. I love children, but I live in a primary and I look forward to going to church each week for some spiritual growth. That said I would of course willingly accept a primary calling if it was given to me.

So back to the anxious part. I asked the bishop 2 weeks ago if I could please have a calling. He said he had a calling in mind for me but other things had to happen first. Then he asked me and Phil to speak in church the next week. Phil of course ended up being called into work and I had to fill the time myself. I think I must be the only person that gets excited when they have to speak for a longer period of time. It was the Kami Clark hour. I got to talk and no one interupted me, a dream come true for a Mother. Everyone told me what a great talk I gave, this is why I love Williston, people are so easily impressed. Apparently I am a genius and never knew it. Haa haa.

Most of you know how much I loved my calling as a sunday school teacher for the youth, and how much I love and miss the kids I left behind. Sundays are hard for me beause I feel like I have a huge hole in my heart and it aches more on Sundays. So I have been scouting out the current sunday school teachers, and letting it be known how much I miss my last calling and how much I love the youth.

Last week there was a Preisthood meeting in Minot ( about an 1 1/2 hours away) and Phil was supposed to go down for a interview with the Stake President ( who lives 4 hours away) Brother Romaro asked me if he was going to be able to make it to the interview ( remember Phil got called into work) so I gathered he also had an interview. Now Brother Romaro is one of the current Sunday school teacher of whom I have been scouting out. I was giddy with excitement,the Elders Quorum President just got called as the Ward Clerk ( Enter a nervous Phil) So I figure there are now 3 Stake callings opening up, and Brother Romaro's job is up for grabs. I think back to the comment by the Bishop that they have a calling in mind for me but other things had to happen first. Can you come right out and say, I would like this calling please and thank you? I have just been keeping a little prayer in my heart.

Today I got called out of Relief Society and I was asked to teach course 14 and 15. I started bawling and laughing and sort of jumping up and down. I was so excited. Poor Brother Lamar, he probably thinks I am nuts. I am on cloud nine. He said they are kind of a rowdy, struggling bunch and they may be a little difficult, I just smiled. Those are my favorite kind.

So out of everything thing I have been through these last two years, this is another one of those assurances that the Lord knows me and loves me. I don't know if the youth need me or not but I sure do need them. So yeah I am on cloud nine! I love this place. The Lord is preparing Zion all over the world. I always thought it would be in one place but I find he moves us from one gathering to another. This is an amazing place.

Phil has blossomed. He is keeping the missionaries busy, he is loving people into the gospel as only Phil can. The only thing missing here is our loved ones. North Dakota would be perfect if you were with us. Need a job? People are desperate for employees here. We love you all so much.

For those of you who are from St. George: Remember when Spring Break would fall in March and all these people would come down and go swimming when it was 70 degrees outside? I thought that were nuts. Now I get it. It was in the high 30's to low 40's last week and we were running around in jeans and t-shirts. It felt like spring. That is a 70-90 degree diffrence from the weather we had been experiencing. My sister Tylia said "One good thing about it being so cold that your nose hairs freeze, is you just have to stick your finger up your nose to trim your nose hairs. I am still laughing. We have found a home here. We miss you all, but we are home, and thats a great feeling.

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

Yeah Kami!! I am so glad to hear that you are happy! I love hearing about your new place. You have such a great and positive attitude. Love you lots!

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Lots of jobs, huh? I know my brother-in-law is having a hard time in N.Utah finding work as a window guy. I wonder if they should move to where you are. lol